Website All Ontario Recycling
Are you looking to join an exciting company who has been a leader in providing recycling services throughout Ontario? You have come to the right place. We are a family business with a high-quality team of dedicated professionals. All Ontario Recycling has built a strong business culture based on key values of honesty, integrity and teamwork that govern what we will do to meet our customer’s metal recycling needs.
• Coordinate, schedule and audit vehicle maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical and electrical repair to trucks and trailers and heavy equipment.
• Prioritize and assign work to meet company needs
• Ensure quality, compliance and safety of company’s assets
• Control repair, inventory and labor costs
• Coach and mentor technicians
• Monitor associate work levels
• Manage facilities, assuring a clean and safe work environment
• Lead the activities of AOR internal maintenance facilities; ensuring both the light and heavy equipment is available, dependable and always safe to operate
• Oversee the preventative maintenance program, to minimize running repairs and down time
• Oversee work being performed with our external repair and maintenance partners is meeting our exceeding expectations
• Work closely with dispatch and mobile crews to ensure coordination of required parts are pre-ordered/ ordered for weekend repairs
• Work with the mobile crews and dispatch to problem solve equipment mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems and offer solutions to improve performance and safety. Mobile equipment to include light and heavy trucks, trailers and heavy equipment
• Analyze maintenance costs and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement; and recommend solutions to reduce maintenance costs and minimize non-productive down time
• Negotiate service agreements with third party repair facilities to ensure cost efficiencies and reduced non-productive down time.
• Audit internal and third party repair facilities for compliance to AOR requirements and expectations
• Accountable for maintaining appropriate levels of inventory ensuring inventory accuracy within AOR parts warehouse
• Accountability to meeting AOR key performance indicators as it relates to the overall performance of our fleet including maintenance costs, service quality, non-productive down time and overall satisfaction
• Examine inspections, prepare reports, work orders and checklists for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment inspected or repaired.
• Complete performance reviews of staff and jointly determine areas of development and training requirements
• Participate in the recruitment and selection of garage personnel as required
• Prepare management reporting as required
• Ensure the maintenance department is providing exceptional service to our internal and external stakeholders
• Lead team meetings (both weekly and monthly) and individual meetings with direct reports to discuss progress on their personal development, goal targets and group performance
• Promote and lead a health and safety culture within the maintenance team to ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed
• Actively involved in HR initiatives, performance reviews, forecasting and planning the needs of the maintenance department
• Determine within the 90 day probation period that your direct reports are suitable candidates. Promote team environment
• From time to time you will be required to receive off duty phone calls to assist mechanical staff in trouble shooting requirements
• Attend industry meeting and associations
• Weekend Coverage Required
• Must possess a 310 T license
Extended Health Care
Employee Assistance Program
Discretionary Bonus Pay
If you meet the qualifications for this posting, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the position you are applying for.
How to apply:
Via Company - email@example.com