Website High Tech Genesis
High Tech Genesis has an immediate opening for a Human Resource Generalist. The HR Generalist enables, facilitates, and coordinates many key HR processes. The HR Generalist is a master of developing integrated solutions, using proactive communication between business management and our workforce and will successfully balance employee needs with business objectives, to solve problems and drive our results forward.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Provide support to the Human Resources function in the areas of employee onboarding and orientation, on campus recruitment, employee relations and special projects
· Provide WorkDay support, including scheduling, pre-employment screening, background checks, offer letters, benefits, job transfers and exits
· Serve as an initial point of contact for the Ottawa site regarding employee inquiries
· Works with managers to provide guidance, exercising good judgment and discretion
· Handle employee walk-in requests and/or identify proper resolution of situations requiring escalation or alternate handling
· Provide recruiting support, including scheduling interviews, interviewing, assessment coordination, etc.
· Provide Benefits Administration support and consultation
· Assist with Global Mobility programs, immigration processes and relocations
· Manage compensation policies and practices that contribute to the organization’s ability to attract, retain, and develop qualified employees
· HRIS reporting support for compliance requirements and various insurance programs
· Assist with other projects/duties as needed
Required skills and experience:
· Bilingual – fluent in French and English required
· 2-3 years of overall HR experience, with at least one year of HR Generalist experience
· Understanding of general HR principles and Canadian Employment Standards
· Basic understanding of compensation reporting, techniques, and practices
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated self-starter and self-manager, with a people-oriented demeanor, is preferred
· Persistent follow through on assignments and timely responsiveness is preferred
· Exceptional verbal/written skills and attention to detail
· Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner
· Strict confidentiality of employee and company data is required
· Collaborative, flexible, and positive approach to all team duties and support
· Exposure to high tech work environments and a natural affinity for embracing technology, are assets
· Educational training and background in Human Resources
· Exposure to or experience in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) activities and programs
· Proficient in MS office; advanced Excel skills and WorkDay experience preferred
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Begin your exciting career with us by applying on-line at: https://jobs.hightechgenesis.com/o/bilingual-human-resource-generalist