Website Hospice Muskoka
Resident Activities Assistant
Temporary Full-Time (8 Weeks)
$18 Per Hour
Funding for this position is provided by The Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. It is intended for youth between 15 – 30 years of age for the purpose of skills development and exposure to career opportunities.
Andy’s House residents will be provided an opportunity to participate in a range of activities that are stimulating, therapeutic and socially engaging.
1. Work with various volunteers to create a calendar of activities available to our residents and their
visitors each day;
2. Facilitate matching residents with activities each day in collaboration with clinical staff;
3. Create Recreation intervention plans with volunteers;
4. Ensure a holistic, diverse, interesting and therapeutic range of activities is available each week;
5. Encourage family members and friends to participate and assist with program delivery;
6. Educate volunteers on how to deliver art therapy and other recreational programs that can be
done in the home setting;
7. Assemble an activity kit and instructions for specific types of activities and maintain each kit;
8. Manage the caseload of residents and catalogue their interests and special needs routinely;
9. Provide feedback to clinical staff on the status of resident’s participation each day.
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org