Reporting to the Production Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for managing the maintenance team and overseeing the day to day operations of the maintenance department. Evaluates systems and facilities to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed. Assesses building systems to plan work assignments and project schedules. Develops maintenance procedures and schedules and will be assigned various projects as required.
• Oversee all repairs and prioritize them accordingly.
• Keep a record of all work orders and monitor repair times and quality.
• Facilitate ordering of all parts for repairs
• Implement and maintain PM program for the equipment
• Monitor performance of maintenance staff, identify training and development needs, ensure that performance/disciplinary actions are fully documented and reviewed by HR and Production Management.
• Assist with the preparation and delivery of regular performance management programs with maintenance staff
• Communicate and administer company policies and procedures and programs consistently with all maintenance staff
• Participate in the selection, installation and preparation of capital expenditure requests (PAR’s) for new equipment
• Develop and manage relationships with service vendors
• Participate in preparation of annual budgets and quarterly reviews
• Ensure Labour costs are maintained within budget
• Perform, and ensure associates perform all required tasks and activities in accordance with established facility policies and procedures covering ISO/Quality, EH&S, and Security Control.
• Three-year post secondary diploma or equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required
• Strong mechanical aptitude with proven trouble shooting abilities in a manufacturing environment
• Strong leadership skills, ability to lead, develop and foster teamwork
• Previous Maintenance supervisory experience is required
• Working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
• General knowledge of print related quality control concepts, previous exposure to ISO 9001 would be an asset
• Strong computer skills – MS Office, AutoCAD, GMAIL, Shop Floor and ERP software would be an asset
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written and strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize
• Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to apply general logic and use sound judgment when making decisions
• Ability to follow applicable SOP’s, SWP’s and WHMIS Regulations
• Emergency response experience would be an asset
• Millwright, Electrical and Welding tickets are an asset
Start Date: As soon as possible
Posted: March 6th,2023
Please note this job is posted by Agilec on behalf of an employer. This employer is currently using Agilec’s recruiting services. Agilec is not a temporary nor staffing agency, we are an Employment Ontario Service Provider that offers no cost services to those in the community. Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org