Website Mallot Creek Group Inc.
Mallot Creek Group Inc. is truly a one-stop-shop where strategic business and engineering expertise accomplish all our client’s needs. Our projects, reports, and recommendations are based on a genuine understanding of operational issues and are executable and results-oriented.
Mallot Creek Group Inc. offers integrated consulting services specializing in food, agriculture and related industries with a focus in engineering services, strategic business recommendations, process improvement, and food safety specialization. Founded in 1999, Mallot Creek has extensive expertise which allows us to meet the needs of the Food and Beverage Industry throughout the supply chain. We are one of the leading firms in Canada, employing over 50 devoted individuals, providing strategies and solutions to Clients throughout North America.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Intermediate Electrical Technologist will be responsible for assisting senior designers with of all aspects of building electrical and process power design. This position will require a sound understanding of electrical engineering practice and theory. It can be expected to work both in our offices and conduct on-site consultation, as required by the client. Must demonstrate a high degree of technical expertise, a willingness to work in a team environment, and a continuous drive and dedication for client satisfaction. Intermediate technologists must have the ability to perform the key responsibilities with autonomy and should only require direction some of the time.
- With the supervision of senior staff, design duties include items such as substation design, electrical equipment arrangements, lighting layouts and HV and LV single line diagrams.
- Provide electrical calculations such as volt-drop, illumination level, distribution transformer sizing and panel loading.
- Preparation and review of contract documentation.
- Develop and prepare electrical specifications as required (Project Specific).
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) software such as AutoCAD.
- Operate Building Information Modeling (BIM) software such as Revit is a definite asset.
- Work towards identification, analysis and resolution of problems.
- Create technical reports, documentation, low and medium voltage calculations and sketches.
- Maintain up-to-date electrical engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated use of initiative and judgment in applying standard procedures and in problem solving.
- To be certified with, or working towards certification, with a provincial professional association for engineering technician and technologists, such as OACETT is an asset.
- Ability to complete all tasks with minimal or reduced direction and oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated customer service skills; Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian electrical standards and the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Ability to produce high quality drawings independently most of the time.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability for detailed design of electrical systems.
- A valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel occasionally, including out of province.
Education and Experience
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in a related industry using AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Work experience designing HV substations, MV and LV distribution systems.
- Work experience with fire alarms, lighting and emergency power generation preferred.
- Work experience with power/control of mechanical systems including HVAC.
- Experience in the Agri-food, beverage, and/or pharmaceutical industries an asset.
Mallot Creek Group provides a cohesive atmosphere and a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
If you are looking for an opportunity that continually presents new challenges and rewards, we want to meet you! Must have own transportation and a willingness to travel. On occasion, attendance on-site at client’s facilities and presence before/after regular business hours, may be required. This is a majority office position with travel and client plant floor exposure.
Salaries are competitive within the industry and we reward hard work! Shared-cost health/dental benefit plan, continuing education reimbursement, an industry leading RRSP matching plan, and a wellness company contribution.
Mallot Creek Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Mallot Creek Group Inc. will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please advise Human Resources of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com