Grand River Physiotherapy
The Medical Administrative Assistant we are looking for is a person who excels at customer service as well as administrative duties, and someone who is detail oriented. The ideal candidate is someone who multi-tasks with ease, who displays a friendly yet professional demeanor while interacting with our patients and our team, who has strong computer skills, and one who has worked with billing a variety of different health insurance providers (extended health benefits, WSIB and motor vehicle accidents). We are looking for the person who has the right combination of personality and willingness to learn, organization and professionalism!
· Receptionist duties: greeting and interacting with patients in a courteous manner in person, over the phone or via email.
· Organizing and scheduling appointments, contacting patients to confirm appointments and provide relevant information about the clinic.
· Manage appointment schedule with efficiency to fill vacancies with patients who are on the waiting list.
· Communicate to the physiotherapists and other staff any relevant information regarding patient care.
· Maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism.
· Using EMR system to schedule, bill, and enter client data.
· Billing a variety of health insurance benefits
· Update inventory and place orders when needed.
· Other day-to-day operations (laundry, cleaning and tidying etc.)
· Minimum 1 year of medical office administrative experience or experience in the health sector
· An aptitude for computers, including very strong skills using electronic scheduling and Microsoft Office
· Experience in medical receptionist duties and using a multi-line phone system.
· Experience with taking payments – managing a POS system, taking cash.
· Experience acting professionally in a customer service role.
· Ability to perform a variety of clerical tasks efficiently and accurately.
· Post-secondary education in medical office/admin preferred.
· Possesses a strong ability to work independently and with a team.
· Organizing and scheduling appointments with electronic medical system
· Strong skills with billing and dealing with extended health benefit accounts.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Posted: August 10th, 2023
Please note this job is posted by Agilec on behalf of an employer. This employer is currently using Agilec’s recruiting services. Agilec is not a temporary nor staffing agency, we are an Employment Ontario Service Provider that offers no cost services to those in the community. Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - Fergus@agilec.ca