Seeking motivated and friendly individuals to join the Automotive department. This position involves a high level of customer service, experience with Automotive equipment will be an asset. Tasks including stocking, filling, pricing, scanning, merchandising, and cleaning, as well as providing excellent customer service. Must be physically fit to stock shelves, move tires and batteries on a regular basis.
• Provides excellent customer service and ensures an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
• Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
• Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
• Keeps up to date on in-store promotions, in-store deals, auto center specials and product locations.
• Sources and orders automotive parts for customers through authorized suppliers.
• Follows established procedures regarding the ordering and sale of parts to customers and the Service Department.
• Processes returns, warranties and castings as required.
• Tests and fills batteries. Tests starters and alternators. Operates the battery filling station as per training received.
• Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
• Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels.
• Operates computer and RF gun and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
• Demonstrated automotive subject matter knowledge and interest.
• Basic math and typing skills & good working knowledge of automotive parts lookup system.
• Ability to operate a cash register is an asset & ability to work under minimal supervision with computerized systems.
• Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire store or Automotive Service Centre, is considered an asset.
• Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives on offering exceptional service to customers.
• Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and to give precise instructions.
• Ability to work in a team environment that aids and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
• Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
• Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic. Wage is based on work experience.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Posted: July 13th, 2023
Please note this job is posted by Agilec on behalf of an employer. This employer is currently using Agilec’s recruiting services. Agilec is not a temporary nor staffing agency, we are an Employment Ontario Service Provider that offers no cost services to those in the community. Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - Fergus@agilec.ca