Website Kuntz Electroplating Inc.
Powder Coat Generalist (General Labourer)
Reporting to our Powder Coat Supervisor – Evenings.
This is a 8-hour shift (3 p.m. – 11 p.m. ) Monday – Friday (Saturdays may be overtime when required.)
The Powder Coating Generalist will be responsible for a broad range of activities within the powder coating division. The Powder Coating Generalist will be assigned to various tasks at locations within the powder plant by the shift supervisor. This Powder Coating Generalist position is a dynamic fluid position requiring the ability to change tasks at a moment’s notice. The Powder Coating Generalist should be a team player working well with others to complete tasks as a group or individually.
• Move coated and uncoated parts throughout the plant
• Move and stage production racking
• Load parts onto the racking prior to painting
• Remove parts from racking upon completion of painting
• Inspect and pack parts in shipping containers
• 3-M Finessing of parts
• Select sanding of reject parts as required to recoat
• Powder Coating Associate will be required to use
o Pump Trucks
• Must follow safe work practices, know and comply with safety rules and procedures; report any injury or illness immediately, report unsafe acts and/or conditions
• Responsible for adhering to plant quality procedures in assigned job to meet customer requirements and customer specific requirements
• Comply with all management systems to which KEI subscribes (ex. Quality and Environmental systems)
• Perform 6S (housekeeping) as directed by Lead Hand/Supervisor/Manager
• Perform other duties in the department as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
• 6 months to 1 year of prior warehouse or general labourer experience an asset.
• Certified Inspector designation or ability to obtain.
o Eyesight will need to be tested once every two years and complete related corrective actions required (ie. new eyewear prescription, if required) satisfying vision requirements of the job.
• Knowledge of product quality standards and the importance of your activities in achieving, maintaining, and improving quality, including customer requirements and the associated risks to customers of non-conforming products.
• Good Physical Condition.
• Ability to work well in teams
• Organizational skills required,
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to variety of tasks.
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to comprehend and learn new tasks.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
Physical requirement will be for continuous movement and lifting.
Why join KEI?
• Be a part of an organization that is a global leader in its industry
• Social Club and Wellness Committee that offers Pizza, Ice Cream, BBQ days, Christmas parties (adult’s and children’s) and other fantastic company social events throughout the year.
• Work with other talented, bright, inspiring people and discover opportunities for professional growth.
• Group benefits (health, dental, vision, STD, AD&D and Life) and out of Canada travel.
• Group RSP/DPSP with company match.
• Profit sharing
• Employee Service Recognition Awards
• Christmas Bonuses
• Career Development opportunities
• Employee discounts throughout the community
• Clothing and safety shoe allowance
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org