Website Shibogama First Nations Council
Nursing Program Manager
Full-time Position based in Sioux Lookout
The Nursing Program Manager works to promote the success of the Nursing Program in the Shibogama communities of Kingfisher Lake, Wapekeka and Wunnumin Lake and works with local Health Directors to ensure the requirements of Community Based Nursing Programs are met.
The Nursing Program Manager provides Clinical guidance to the nursing staff of these communities.
The Nursing Program Manager also provides nursing supervision and support to Musselwhite Mine clinic site. In collaboration with the Home & Community Care Nurse Lead supports financial and administrative management to the Home & Community Care Nursing Program.
The Nursing Program Manager represents and advocates on behalf of member communities with Partners, Stakeholders, Funders and various Government and Non-Government representatives.
The Nursing Program Manager works directly with the Community Health Directors and utilizes the Hiring and Recruitment to ensure qualified nurses are hired for community health facilities.
The Nursing Program Manager develops policies and procedures in partnership with community Health Directors to guide Nursing Administration and Reviews and updates routinely.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
· Minimum of 2 years of Northern Remote Nursing and related supervisory work experience.
· Excellent leadership, management, motivation, and problem-solving skills.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint.
· Experience working in Data Collection.
· Excellent organizational skills, professionalism, and time management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with co-workers, communities, and candidates.
· Ability to work independently and take initiative.
· Ability to travel to remote and isolated member communities and job fairs in urban areas.
· Ability to communicate effectively in one of the dialects of the Treaty 5 and 9 Territories.
· Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
· Knowledge and understanding of the Social Determinants of Health in First Nation Remote and Isolated Communities.
· The incumbent requires current registration in good standing with the CNO and RNAO.
· Mandatory up to date ACLS, PALS, ITLS/TNCC is required.
· Minimum Education BScN from a recognized University.
· Willingness to complete mandatory education/training relevant to position.
· Criminal Reference Check is required. Vulnerable Person Sector Check, upon request.
· Three work related references from previous direct supervisor or manager, with consent to contact directly required.
· Oath of Confidentiality required.
Salary Based on Full-Time Hours:
$92,653 – $111,569/year Under Review
Health Benefits, Vacation, Pension Plan
Submit Resume and Cover Letter in Confidence to:
Rachel Gessie, Shibogama Health Director
Shibogama First Nations Council
P.O. Box 449, 81 King Street.
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1A5
How to apply:
send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org