Website Sunbeam Community and Developmental Services
We are currently seeking high performers for part time Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) positions who possess drive, determination and a passion for supporting high behaviour individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We are in search of individuals that can commit to day, afternoon, evening and overnight shifts along with short notice shifts when needed. In return we offer a competitive wage, training opportunities including a comprehensive orientation and NCI training, a positive and supportive work environment, and a chance to grow your career in the Developmental Services Sector.
Sunbeam Community & Developmental Services is a non-profit, multi-site, multi-faceted organization that is committed to serving children, youth, adults, and seniors living with complex developmental, intellectual, behavioural, and/or physical disabilities.
Community Living Services (CLS) is one of three operating divisions of Sunbeam. CLS operates 21 residential care homes (group homes) and overnight respite sites, as well as a day programming, passport funded activities and a variety of therapeutic support services, resources and amenities for residential and community clients.
As a member of a support team, RPNs in our group homes will work in conjunction with a Multi-Disciplinary team to ensure a welcoming, safe and healthy living environment for clients including those with challenging aggressive behaviours. You will be required to assist clients with: Developmental Programming, Community Outings, Activities of Daily Living, Behaviour Interventions and Medication Administration.
- Diploma in Practical Nursing
- Current membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Knowledge and experience in supporting individuals with Developmental Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Dual Diagnosis, Autism, Challenging and Aggressive Behaviours and Complex Medical Needs
- Demonstrated commitment in implementing communication and behavioural support plans in conjunction with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and support Person Centered Planning
Strong commitment to supporting individuals in becoming more involved in their communities
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, electronic record keeping and data collection systems
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (G2 minimum) and willingness to drive any of the agency vehicles
- Able to successfully complete and provide a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Able to work a variety of shifts including days, afternoons, evenings and overnight shifts along with short notice shifts when needed
- Able to commit to working up to three shifts per week/up to 24 hours per week (Monday – Sunday) and two out of three weekends
What We Offer:
- Hiring Incentive program up to $5000 awarded to newly hired RPN (applicable to terms and conditions)
- EAP available immediately to staff and their family
- Opportunity to join Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Opportunities for Full Time employment
How to apply: