This position reports to the Design Manager and is responsible for finalizing truss plans, preparing truss layouts, truss design drawings, and truss quotes. The Truss designer will also develop in floor designs and lumber take-offs. The Truss Designer will also assist in viewing design work (when required), feasibility analysis of construction plans relative to truss-related matters, and other design duties as required.
Please note: This is NOT a remote/hybrid position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce floor layouts, truss plans, and truss designs using Mitek Software
• Produce truss quotes using your ability to read and understand blueprints, deciphering customer requirements for specific projects.
• Square foot truss quoting customs.
• Complete lumber takeoffs using Planswift.
• Floor designs
• Review orders, layouts, and data files to ensure accuracy prior to production.
• Review other designer’s work as part of a check system to reduce design errors prior to production.
• Communicate with sales staff and customers on technical aspects of plans which require clarification.
• Training new designers when required
• Project lead on large customer orders
• EMH input as needed. (If this designation applies to you)
• Respond to emails and other communications as needed.
• Complete Truss Books per schedule
• Conduct Buddy Reviews per schedule
• Support overflow of existing staff
• Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues such as coordination, scheduling, and technical concerns
• Communicate with sales staff and customers on technical aspects of plans which require clarification
• Assist in training and development of other designers as required
• Keep track of projects and provide related matrix data
• Complete any training that is assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
• Post-secondary education or technical training courses in Architecture, Engineering, or Drafting
• Must complete MiTek University upon hiring
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly motivated, results-oriented, driven, with a willingness to learn
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Service oriented; build relationships with customers, and internal/external parties demonstrating tack and diplomacy
• Work closely with Sales team
• Ability to prepare/complete lumber take offs using Planswift (an asset)
• Design and customer service experience 2-5 years
• Experience reading blueprints
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experienced working in a fast-paced open office environment
• Knowledge of and worked with Ontario Building Code Park 4 and 9
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org