Website VON Canada
Are you a new graduate, retired nurse, or nurse looking to enter back into the nursing field? You may qualify for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. This program provides a $25,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: www.healthforceontario.ca/ccpn
Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centered health care in homes, community settings, and clinics. Come work with us – it’s a job that matters!
Our Visiting Nurses provide client care in the client’s own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
Our Clinic Nurses provide care in VON community clinics. Our clinics provide client assessments, wound care, IV medications, client and family education, and much more.
Join us in community nursing you’ll get to:
- Work to the full scope of practice
- Make an impact in your community by supporting clients in their home
- Use independent judgment to make decisions about your client’s care
- Support children to continue their education in school
- Work with amazing co-workers and leaders who care about your well-being and safety
- Have a workplace culture of comfort, connection, and belonging
- Embrace flexibility to promote work-life balance
- Access VON supports through learning opportunities, Employee Access Program access, wellness benefits, and workplace respect…VON cares!
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) and an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Smartphone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 125 years strong
What we need from you:
- Must be Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the province of practice
- Canadian Nurses Association certification in Community Health Nursing as an asset
- For positions requiring expertise in a specific field of clinical practice, additional degrees or certificates may be required.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a
- Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Clinical practice experience is an asset
- Experience in community health is an asset
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required
Come for the job, stay for the learning, and the chance to make a difference.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
VON Canada is committed to embracing and celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (EDI) as fundamental to living out our values of Respect, Compassion, and Excellence in all that we do.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://jobs.jobvite.com/von/job/oXYEqfwJ