WestRock - Ajax
WestRock (NYSE :WRK) is a global leader in sustainable paper and packaging solutions. We are materials scientists, packaging designers, mechanical engineers and manufacturing experts with a shared purpose: Innovate Boldly. Package Sustainably. Guided by our values of integrity, respect, accountability and excellence, we use leading science and technology to more fiber-based packaging forward.
The Ajax packaging facility, where this position is based, is one of the leading employers in Ajax and Durham Region. We provide innovative packaging solutions to the beverage market and serve name brand customers such as Coca Cola, Pepsi, Anheuser Busch/Labatt and Molson to name a few.
The Ajax facility is currently recruiting for two (2) Certified Industrial Electricians to join our Maintenance Team. The Electrician is responsible to install, maintain and repair all electrical apparatus within the plant. Working with the Mechanics, help perform minor mechanical repairs.
Consideration will also be made for applicants seeking an Apprenticeship Program.
Plant/Machinery Maintenance (35%)
- Ensure electrical equipment within the plant is regularly serviced and operating well (press, finishing, pre-press)
- Operate necessary equipment/tools to perform the repairs
- Read electrical and mechanical blue prints to determine how problem is to be approached
Trouble Shooting (35%)
- Respond to machine breakdowns
- Read and understand blue prints, specifications, and manufacturers manuals
Preventative Maintenance (20%)
- Regularly clean/check all electrical equipment within the plant to ensure satisfactory operation and safety
- Perform electrical inspection with Hydro Inspector twice a year
- Test electrical equipment for safety
Leadership & Communication (5%)
- Provide guidance and on the job training for other electricians as required
- Train operators in basic trouble shooting and engineering of machinery
Install New Electrical Systems (5%)
- Follow prints designed by engineers for large jobs on equipment
- Install electronic and electronic wiring, controller, and rewire presses/gluers as required
What you need to work at WestRock:
- Minimum of grade 12 education. College education in electrical program asset.
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Certified Industrial Electrician license/certificate 442A or Electrician Construction & Maintenance 309A is required (unless part of apprenticeship program)
- Experience working with Electronic and P.L.C. considered an asset.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, specifications, and manufacturers manuals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Basic knowledge of Computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
Must be able to work all 12 hour continental rotating shifts, DAYS (7AM to 7PM) and NIGHTS (7PM to 7AM). Shifts rotate every two weeks and include weekends.
- Starting Hourly Range: $35.43 to $37.80 (negotiable based on skill) with 2 increases per year based on satisfactory performance reviews
- Shift Premiums apply to shift rotation
- Health & Dental Benefits from first day
- Company Pension with Employee and Employer Contribution up to 14%
Why work with WestRock:
- Annual productivity bonus based on plant performance
- A family work culture who celebrates plant achievements with Pizza Lunches, enjoy summers with a plant BBQ and Golf Days; and Christmas/End of Year activities.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art packaging robotics and automation
- A management team committed to WestRock’s values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Excellence
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock will, upon request from the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact WestRock, Human Resources at 905-767-1698 about your needs and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
How to apply: