Founded in 1971, WITRON has become an international leader in automated storage logistics with more than 5,100 colleagues worldwide tending to the planning, realization, and maintenance of our highly automated systems. Our teams – far more than just mechanics, electronic technicians, or mechatronic engineers – act as professionals who are perfectly equipped with full power for finding the best solution to the specific needs of each of our customers.
Our growing Canadian division now has close to 600 employees. Our corporate culture, which is characterized by passion, cooperation, and the drive to move things forward, has allowed us to offer 200 internal promotions to our Canadian employees in recent years.
YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM: As an Electromechanical Technician in our Maintenance Team, it will be your responsibility to ensure the proper functioning of the equipment and optimize operations.
APPLY and JOIN our dynamic team in a fascinating high-tech environment facing new and exciting challenges daily.
Job Title: Automation Electromechanical Technician – Electrician/Millwright
Primary Job Functions :
Operational support & troubleshooting
- Perform unplanned/reactive electrical, mechanical repairs
- Ensure proper knowledge and utilization of WiTool
- Non-technical support for equipment operators
- System performance monitoring and operational status awareness
- Diagnosis of general electrical and mechanical faults
- Ensure proper utilization of tools and spare parts.
- Perform planned electrical and mechanical maintenance work orders as per company policies and procedures
- Execution and documentation of maintenance activities
- Exchange and set up of electrical/mechanical parts
- Perform the required cleaning of equipment
Adherence and implementation of 5S principles
- Accountable for the audit results, individual EM efficiency and downtime minimization
- Relevant Electrical and/or Mechanical Qualification
- Post-secondary training in a trade school (DEP/Trade School/Electrician/Millwright or equivalent)
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or diploma
- Electrically and mechanically maintain, troubleshoot, and repair automated equipment including but not limited to conveyors, cranes and hoists.
- Mechanically inclined and proficient in mechanical repairs and use of hand/power tools is a MUST
- 1-2 years minimal experience as an electromechanical technician
- Good mechanical maintenance and repair skills
- Practical attitude and ability to learn new tasks
- Excellent PC skills
- Must be able to work at heights exceeding 20 meters
- Must be able to work days, evenings and nights and weekends (After ramp up begins, preferred shifts will be assigned based on hire date and operational requirements)
- Familiarity with AC up to 600/400/480 volt and DC up to 24 volts
- Familiarity with wiring diagrams, symbols and electrical measuring
- Familiarity with electrical/mechanical drive technology (i.e. motors and gears)
- Familiarity with control technology (i.e. controls/inverter)
- Electrical and/or Mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting experience with industrial equipment and machinery
- Familiarity with PLC logic
Pay Rate :
- Hourly position
- Excellent Medical and Dental Insurance
- Loyalty Bonus based on hire date
- Paid Sick days
- Compensation for employee referrals
- Internal training program / tuition reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Quality work environment
NOTE: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the operation.
WITRON is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
How to apply:
Send resume to email@example.com