Matching Job Seekers with High-Demand Jobs
Pathways to Prosperity is a program designed to match job seekers with high-demand jobs and support local employers to train and retain skilled talent.
The program includes a 4-week training course in one of four sectors: manufacturing, construction, food service, or agriculture that leads to a 5-week paid work placement. Participants may have an opportunity to secure further employment when the program is complete.
Local employers are currently facing significant labour shortages, and this program can help you find your future career.
The program will help you gain:
- Confidence necessary to be successful in the workplace
- Friendships and employment connections that can lead to long-term employment
- Industry certificates and tickets that increase employability
- Money from work placements
- Direct job experience that will boost skills
- Foundational knowledge and skills that support career pathways to a successful future
- Ready to work with industry-specific safety gear, tools, and equipment
- Knowledge and employability
- skills in a high-demand sector
*To qualify for this free training, participants must currently be:unemployed or under-employed (less than 20/hrs a week) and not currently enrolled in other education or training.
Learn more by calling our Peterborough/Lakefield office at 705-740-2577 or click here to email us.